University staff may at times use Zoom to connect with you.
Guidelines for Zoom lectures and meetings
When learning in an online environment it is important to keep connected in a meaningful and respectful way. The following suggestions will help you navigate Zoom lectures and meetings:
- Be on time – Set up a few minutes early to make sure you can sign into the Zoom room on time.
- Be prepared – Have your materials ready and complete the required reading.
- Be motivated – Participate, listen, respond, share and support during sessions.
- Set yourself up in an appropriate space – If you can, set yourself up in an appropriate space so you can contribute to the session with minimal distractions.
- Practice – Test your Zoom connection - the more confident you are with technology, the better.
- Keep in touch: ask for support if you need it – fellow students, student reps and your lecturers can help.
- Mute your mic and turn off your video – If you need to multitask, mute your mic and turn off your video.
- Respect the privacy of your learning community - Do not record / screen grab during Zoom sessions or share others’ online work without permission.
[Adapted with permission from School of Dance ‘Zoom protocols 2020’ April 2020]